Saturday, February 28, 2009

It Has Been A While

I know, it has been a long time since I have made a post. Second semester started, and has not let up at all. To my close friends who have already heard all this, thanks for listening, but to those who haven't, sorry to vent again on the blog. Our latest memo has turned into the stress of writing an appellate brief. It is what it is, but there is an end in sight for our Legal Research and Writing class. As soon as we do our oral arguments, we are home free and get to celebrate with Spring Break. As a member of an organization, I have been asked to contact some students who have been accepted to the school for next year and who potentially fall into the organization which I belong. There are a few of us who talk about how, in retrospect, we wouldn't go through this experience again. I am sure once we are out of the emotion of the moment, we will all know it was worth the ride, but right now it is hard to see. So, when being asked to contact these potential students, I joke about how I would try to deter them from coming to law school and save their souls from this life sucking environment.

We will have forged our careers through some of the worst educational experiences academia can offer. I cannot compare law school to medical school and other such professions, but I sometimes wonder if tradition has made the study of law harder than it needs to be. I promise to bring some funny stories back to this blog once I get past this brief. Less than 72 hours to go. Wish me luck, because the memo was a "kick me while I'm down" experience.

No comments: